Magelis XBTF and Modbus Plus

C

Clive_Libotte

Dont send me to the Schneider Manuals I have searched them for the information. I understand that I need to set up a Dialog Table in the Compact PLC. Does the Magelis XBTF HMI have access to this table,though Modbus Plus network, without setting up an additional communictions interface in the Compact PLC? I am using the integral ModBus Plus connector on Compact.

Kind Regards,
Clive Libotte.

R

Robert Willis

Clive:

The dialog table is configured in the Magelis software and takes care of the communication from the Magelis terminal to the PLC. No additional programming is required in the Compact PLC to initiate the register transfer. Once configured in the Magelis software you will have the register assigmnents to use in your Compact PLC application.

In order for the Maglelis Terminal to access the Modbus Plus network you will need to install the TSXMBP100 (Modbus Plus PCMCIA Communication Adapter). Configure the Magelis Dialog Table and then set the startting address for the Dialog Table. Once the Magelis is connected to the Modbus Plus Network it will communicate to the TSX Compact PLC and then start the communicaiton with the specified Dialog Table registers at the rate that you established in the Magelis configuration software.

Regards
Robert Willis
Square D Company
Houston, Texas
E-Mail: [email protected]

M

Michael T Mellish

A Magelis, equiped with a Modbus Plus interface, may communicate to both read & write information from any Schneider PLC without any logic program in the PLC. It can read booleans (Oxxxx references), data words (4xxxx references) and write both. All that is necessary is to have a valid configuration table in the PLC (i.e. define the number of 0x,1x,3x,4x references in the PLC plus the network configuration for the MB+ port, download the config, & start the PLC). Even if no logic is present in the PLC, the data space now exists & can be both read & written.

Regards
Michael

C

Clive Libotte

Robert Willis and Michael T Mellish. Thanks for a concise answer: just what I needed. I'm under way now.

Clive Libotte

N
What about Modbus using RS232 driver? how can we communicate or download from PC to Magelis? Can we make our own connecting cable or use the cable by Schneider XBT-Z915 and XBT-Z962 adapter?

Best regards,
Nest