Today is...
Friday, September 22, 2017
Welcome to the Modbus Community, about
the world's leading automation protocol.
Need VB source code for Modbus with RS 232 / RS 485...
Any source code examples for programming and implementing modbus protocol with RS 232/ RS 485 standards/ PC Comm port using VB?

Is there any source code example for programming and implementing modbus protocol with RS 232/ RS 485 standards/ PC Comm port using Visual Basic?

Have you considered using an ActiveX control? Take a look at SMRX at www.sapia-inc.com for a control that will have your VB app talking Modbus/RTU protocol in minutes.

By Andrzej Sokulski on 21 February, 2003 - 1:55 pm

Try www.modbus.org. If you will have problems I can send you some programs which I've wrote a time ago.
asokulski@wp.pl

OK, guys.
Try to understand the "serial commnication" first, and then you can use MSCOMM32.ocx to make the "serial commnication" works in your VB project.
The MODBUS just a PROTOCOL, understanding the PROTOCOL is different from understanding "serial commnication".
Good luck!

sir

we need a source code for rs485 serial port communication to interact the pc with the number of AVR processors. could u help me out plz?
thanx.

Hi
Can You please send me the source code for MODBUS serial communication....with rs232/485
You can mail me at andy_accanoor@yahoo.com
Thanx a Million
Regards
Ani

By automation corner on 22 February, 2003 - 12:46 pm

The best solution is to use an ActiveX or a DLL Modbus. You can find it in automationcorner.com

By Grant Bowman on 24 February, 2003 - 1:41 am

I have been working on one for a couple of weeks. I'm using it as an extersize to learn VB.

If you want I can email what I have done so far.

Grant

By Richard Martin on 25 February, 2003 - 12:03 pm

Hi,

Sorry this is a bit cheeky, but I am also stuck with programming a modbus protocol application with VB6. I am new to serial programming and VB6 so any help much appreciated.

Grant, if you wouldn't mind I'd be really grateful for some of your code.

richard.martin@durham.ac.uk

Cheers,
Richard

By Istvan Fekete on 25 February, 2003 - 3:00 pm

Grant,

I must use Modbus in VB, but I don't know it's functions (names, parameters, ...).

Could you send me a description from these?

Thx. Istvan

Would you give me your VB source code for Modbus with RS 232 / RS 485?Thank you very much!

hefun@digital.co.jp

By Sid Purkayastha on 3 March, 2003 - 2:06 pm

> I have been working on one for a couple of weeks. I'm using it as an extersize to learn VB.
>
> If you want I can email what I have done so far.
>
> Grant

Grant,
I would appreciate if you could send the code snippets. The problem is : trying to develop a generic modbus serial driver with ducati energy meters and siemens plc.
thanks,
Sid
sp@computronics-intl.com

Hi Grant,
Pls send me the code snippets. I am tryin to develop communication with plc and ducati enrgymeters using modbus.

Regards,
Santosh
sandoz_83@yahoo.co.in

By Anonymous on 3 March, 2003 - 2:06 pm

if possible send me source code for modbus rtu vb.

bohragp@yahoo.com

By Bhavesh Anandpara on 5 March, 2003 - 12:27 pm

Hi Grant,
I am also stuck with programming a modbus protocol application with VB. I am new to serial programming and VB so any help much appreciated.

Grant, if you wouldn't mind I'd be really grateful for some of your code.
Regards,
Bhavesh Anandpara
bhaveshanandpara@vsnl.com

Hi Grant,

If you can provide me the vb source code for Modbus, It would be a great help for me.

Best Regards,
Sekar
dgsekar2000@yahoo.com

By Anonymous on 8 March, 2003 - 1:50 pm

could you please send me the source code for mobus communication in VB
thanks

mzaki1@hotmail.com

By Kamon Tongkhaw on 10 March, 2003 - 5:44 pm

Hi Grant,
I am new for programming modbus protocol application with VB in serial programming.
I got a new project. It's about reading gas data from modbus protocol such as" Strm 1 Cum Sat S Vol Total(SCF)" , " Strm 1 Cum Energy Total(MMbtu)" .

Grant, if you wouldn't mind I'd be really grateful for some of your code for me to apply.
Thanks
Regards, ED
kamont@it.egat.or.th

Sorry, this is my first time trying the MODBUS, so have many questions, can you send the VB code for me? thank you so much! (duckjack.tw@yahoo.com.tw)

Hi Grant -

I sure could use a kick start on VB programming modbus , using the serial port."RS232". Please send some code examples...
Chuck
tenlightfeet@yahoo.com

> I have been working on one for a couple of weeks. I'm using it as an extersize to learn VB.
>
> If you want I can email what I have done so far.
>
> Grant

I would be glad for some source-code for "talking" modbus in VB

loner_man@hotmail.com

Please send me any code that u have i'm also trying the same thing in VB but unable to read PV. So i'll be very thankful to u if u can send me some details.
Himanshu (himanshusingla25(AT)indiatimes.com)

By Wendell on 8 May, 2003 - 5:03 pm

Hello Grant,

I am have a fair amount of VB experience, but I am new to Modbus. Would like to develop a Modbus RTU master application using the serial control. Could you send me the work you have already done so far. Could use this as jumping off step.

Thanks
Wendell
wendellp@tstt.net.tt

I have been looking for example VB source code for ModBus RS-232/485 devices. If you could please share with me I would appreciate it. I am not skilled in VB and have a project comming up and would like to get a jump on things.

Ty
fannont@mangiapane.com

thank you.... can you please send it to chinsin@tm.net.my

Hi Grant,

If you can provide me the vb source code for Modbus, It would be a great help for me.

Best Regards,

Adam
bargaa0a@aramco.com.sa

hello Grant

can u send me the code for it?
nishi_sahrma@indiatimes.com

nishi

Hi Grant

I'm doing this small application using mscomm control
i have a number of devices connected to the serial port (rs-232). this port has a rs-232 to rs-485 converter. the rs-485 converter has the abovesaid devices connected serially. now i want to keep checking the status (polling) of each of the device. how can i achieve it using the mscomm control by not keeping the computer busy? the devices used r slave devices. i keep on sending them query and waiting for the response. how can i code it in VB??

hope u can help
Samir

Just get a FESTO PLC FEC34, connect those device through rs485 to com port of FEC34 now, you can can those device reading on any DDE application such as Excel. no need to write code

Good luck!
Wayne

u should use Rx (pin 2), Tx(Pin3), Gnd(Pin5) and DTE(pin4). DTE is used for select rs 485 mode (receive or transmit) half duplex, but if u r using full duplex, u shouldn't use DTE in DB9 (serial connection).

first u should convert rs 232 to rs 485, u can use max232 or icl232 for rs232 to TTL, and 75176 for rs 485 halfduplex and 75178 for full duplex

herry

Halo...
I need source code example programming and implementing modbus protocol with RS 232/485 PC Comm port using Visual Basic for communication with barcode scanner (CPT 8000). Would you give me information abou it?
regards

Yenkbz

i need now serial communication program in vb
can u send witth in 2days.my mail id is
yuv_n17 @rediffmail.com

By Adeeb Raza on 30 May, 2011 - 3:51 pm

>Is there any source code example for programming and implementing modbus protocol with RS 232/ RS 485 standards/ PC Comm port using Visual Basic?<

Pl download the code from following Link
http://www.areptone.com/vb6/areptone_modbus_rtu.pdf

http://www.areptone.com/cadel/MODBUS_RTU_protocol_v8_CD_701.pdf

1 out of 1 members thought this post was helpful...

You can download Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP/IP VB source code from www.modbus.pl

Andrzej