from the Automation List department...
CJB 306 modbus communication
Communications systems and equipment. topic
Posted by Bahadir Adiyaman on 30 September, 2003 - 9:39 pm
I have three different modbus lines. One of them is 600m, the other is 1200m and the last one is 2000 m. long. I will use CJB 306 modbus line components to make three different modbus line together. Is it possible with using this component? Thank you.

Posted by Lynn at Alist on 8 October, 2003 - 11:54 pm

I have no idea what a CJB306 is, but in a situation like yours it is trivial to use 3 RS-485 repeaters at the central station to form a nice 4-subnet system. The central RS-485 is only a few feet long and works at minimum stress. Each of the 3 "home runs" is a simple point-to-point, which is the most robust, most tolerant form of RS-485.

[MAS]-RS485-+-[REP]-RS485-600M-[SLV]
|
+-[REP]-RS485-1200M-------[SLV]
|
+-[REP]-RS485-2000M----------------[SLV]

Find a nice application note covering isolated RS-485 repeaters here:
http://www.robustdc.com/library/PDFs/an011.pdf

- LynnL, www.digi.com

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
Logic is a little bird, sitting in a tree; that smells *_____awful*.