New to Modbus and clueless...

B

bcics

Have a Standard Automation MB Slave driver for Intouch, master is a Cimplicity HMI. The data sent doesn't reflect any communication loss of the slave with its PLC. Is there some way to reflect that by checking for comm loss and then setting all data to a zero?

R

Radhakrishnan

Your query is not clear. Cimplicity HMI is the Modbus master, right? What is the slave controller?

Several Modbus emulation programs are available. For MODBUS/RTU mode, I use MODSCAN32 that emulates Modbus master. This, however, doesn't support Modbus over IP. Cimplicity has a utility to test Modbus communication over IP. Called "MODBUS TCP/IP", this is available under Equipment > Devices in a Cimplicity project. You can run this utility in stand-alone mode as well.

If you can give more specific details about your application, may be I can be of more help.

Open your copy of Modscan 32 and scroll up through the "connection" details list for "connect using: Remote Modbus TCP Server".

Serial Modbus RTU uses the 'direct connection to COM1". My version is Modscan32 7.A00 and it defintely talks Modbus TCP over ethernet.

Carl