Magelis XBT N401 to 170 CCC 980 30

M

mustafa

I am trying to get the Magelis XBT N401 to communicate with a Momentum 170 CCC 980 30 PLC. The cable I am using is XBT Z9711. According to a manual, this cable is RS-232C. Unfortunately, the Momentum I am using only has RS485 (COM2) for Modbus communication. Is there a different cable I can use? An adapter?

Also, when I create a new project, by default a "Master" equipment is created. Is this "master" referring to the Magelis or the PLC? How can I tell if the Momentum is a master node or a slave node?

I solved the problem by creating a cable of my own, for the Magelis can also communicate in RS485. Refer to the manual and check out the pinout of the db25 connection and the db9 in the Momentum.

If you can communicate let me know, if not I'll send to you the complete information, including the whole pinout of the cable. The Magelis XBT N401 can act as slave or master. You configure it by software. The Momentum acts as a slave by default. To make it act as master you must include some blocks in the program.

I think it is better to use it as a slave and the XBT as master. That is if you don't want to communicate with other slaves, of course.

E

EricR_ICPDAS

That's the best answer then, no converter needed. I do not have these particular devices, I was just replying to the general need to convert RS-485 to RS-232, so I don't need more info.

Eric R
www.icpdas-usa.com

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a Magelis display and a PLC Momentum. How can I make the communication to each other? (Sorry about my English.) Right now I have a program which is running on the PLC Momentum (CPU 171CCC76010), but with the Magelis (XBT N401) I have to change some values of time (TON and TP settings). What do I have to do to make this work?? Create some variable or put a new kind of block? The program is on LD.

I hope you can help me...

Bye and thanks...

Thanks for info.

I recieved the pinouts from tech support and was able to have someone make some for me. This work fine with a standalone point-to-point system.

For a different application, I have another problem. Modbus can only have one master. Unfortunately, the Momentum has some XXMIT blocks that reads and writes to several other Momentum. Because of the XXMIT blocks, that Momentum behaves like a master.

I will have to change the Magelis protocol to Modbus Slave. The question: Is how do I read/write to the Magelis? What do I need to do so that the PLC will read/write to the Magelis? What instruction do I use to set this up?

Help file say the Magelis has internal memory structure from %MW0 to %MW299. How do I access this memory from the Momentum PLC?

Thanks in Advance.