ModBus in PLC

• Thread starter Guilherme Marquesini
  • Start date
G

Guilherme Marquesini

Hello!
My name is Guilherme, and i'm a student from Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica de Minas Gerais(CEFET-MG), from Brazil.

I'm doing a work-home of protocol MODBUS, and I and my group don't search how the protocol is implemented in a PLC to have communication .
I search in ModBus Technical Resources Page, but don't have any.. Have how is the UML from protocol, but don't have how this is implemented in PLC !

Help me,please.
thanks!

Your question is a big vague. The Modbus specs are on the Modbus web site. I believe the link is the first one at the top of the page you mentioned.

As to how they implement it, well they write a program that does what the spec says. As to how you do that, well there are probably a million ways to write a program that does the same thing.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Do you have the specs but don't know how to write the program? Do you have the specs, but don't understand them? Is your problem is you don't know how embedded (as opposed to PC) programming is done?

Can you be a bit more clear about what your problem is?

Hello,

Im new to modbus and Im having trouble starting up communication. My set up consists of a slave PLC that has a few contactors and Push buttons connected to it and Modbus Poll as a masters simulator on the PLC. I downloaded the Slave Function block to the PLC and made sure that all serial communication settings in the PLC and PC are the same but still get a timeout error. Is it possible to test the serial communication without sending or receiving data? If I have an output set to QX4.0 for example, how do I poll it from the master? I tried putting its data into the ReadCoil array but it didn't work. Any help please.