Modbus Training Courses

K

Kyle

I am looking for some recommendations for training in regards to modbus rtu and modbus tcp/ip as my industry, solar, specifically the monitoring aspect, is being driven by it. We communicate predominantly with most devices over modbus RTU.

Devices we commonly communicate between are inverters, zone monitors(ICP, ADAM UNITS, etc,), data loggers( Campbell sci, Moxa), RTAC's.

Any idea what courses would be beneficial to a more fundamental understanding of the modbus protocol?

I used to provide this type of training back in the late 90s in the Alberta Petroleum Industry.

It would help to know what part of the world you would like to receive said training and how many students.

Also, is this your first exposure to protocols and physical layers in general?

My contact info is email [email protected]

Schneider Electric in Edmonton and Calgary offer training in these areas. They also have a division that deals with your industry, Solar. They have inverters, SCADA, power metering, home automation etc. Feel free to give your local Schneider office or distributor a call.

Allen

Texas Automation Systems which partners with Techstar gives great instruction on Modbus. www.tcatllc.com

> I am looking for some recommendations for training in regards to modbus rtu
> and modbus tcp/ip as my industry, solar, specifically the monitoring aspect, is
> being driven by it.

E

Emile Ackbarali

I created a course on uDemy called Mastering Modbus RS485 Network Communication for persons wanting to learn about Modbus RTU. You can access the course for free at this link: http://eepurl.com/DnKyf.

Hope this helps.