Communication between DCS CS 3000 and Allen Bradley FlexLogix 5434

B

bammaroc

Hello everyone

I am an engineer in a company used as command control system, DCS Yokogawa centum 3000. my mission is to add a unit consisting of (mill and unit stokage phosphate) controlled by a PLC-type FlexLogix 5434 Allen Bradley to DCS control room. after a search I found a MVI46-MCM module (Modbus communication module) ProSoft. I need to communicate with the Modbus protocol between DCS and FlexLogix 5434. I have not documentation, programs and wiring diagrams. i want to know all the steps necessary to make this communication with fiabililté.

For further information I am available.

Yours sincerely

I
Hi Bammarroc,

You can't pair MVI46-MCM with flexlogix processor, MVI46 only suit for SLC platform of Allen-Bradley PLC.

Use Prosoft Technologies MVI94-MCM for your purpose of connecting Yokogawa DCS to FlexLogix using Modbus RTU serial RS485.

Regarding step necessary to implement, please check following link, you will find documentation and sample ladder that you may need to get
starting:

http://www.prosoft-technology.com/P...r-Slave-Network-Interface-Module-for-FLEX-I-O

Hope this help

Hi Ikhtiander,

thank you for your reply, and I apologize for the inconvenience. frankly, I progressed and thanks to you. I have not much experience. I did not know which module must be used in DCS to this communication. I do not have a clear approach. if you know some things or you have documentation, I need you. my hope is this project knowing that I have a month to complete this travail. est that sufficient time I need regular.

Yours sincerely