TDC 3000 HPM SI Array Point

K

k30113

I was wondering I have some inputs coming into DCS by MODBUS, and want to configure the SI array points. Some are just real values coming in, other are whole words that are a bunch of alarms. Was wondering should I config array point as a string or numeric?

I was originally going to go with a numeric and depending on the value coming in get a program to tunr on flags in hpm, But I want to see the heartbeat bit doing its thing so was wondering if I built is as a string(16) could I write a program that looks and all 16 bits individually?

>I understand SI array points in TDC3000 are of 4 type.
>Flags, Numeric, String and Time. One array point can handle
>only one type of data. You can define multiple array points
>each of different type. As such you should be able to build
>Numeric array point as well as String array point.
>For further help click the link below.
>http://tasker.us/source/honeywell/serial_interface/op01_501_serial_interface_options.p

Yes that is correct about the types of arrays you can build, from the programs I have seen they have always used numerics or flags and derived what alarm was present at the time by what the numeric equalled. But where I will have several bits always going on/off or multiple bits on at once, the numeric could be a wide variety of values.

I was just wondering if anyone had experience programming CL with a string array, I think it gets addressed as array.str1(x) where x is the bit u want to look at.

anyway thanks for the link