Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Control.com topic...
Communications
Topic: Communications systems and equipment.
from the Forum department...
GE multilin 369 with a Modbus TCP
Originally posted by brad on 6 February, 2009 - 3:03 pm
can you use a Modbus/TCP Ethernet communication between GD multilin 369 and a compactlogix Ethernet port?
New Replies:
By Patrick Lansdorf on 13 June, 2014 - 1:46 am -
One other option would be to use a gateway... My understanding is that the GD multilin 369 has...
By Chris Jennings on 12 June, 2014 - 1:54 am -
I think you would need to use a ModbusTCP card, not the normal Ethernet/IP cards used with...
> First question can you use a Modbus/TCP Ethernet communication between GD > multilin 369...
Originally posted by vk on 9 June, 2014 - 9:39 am
Problem in command execution from dcs on modbus
New Replies:
I have used a similar architecture. in my case the command executed from the hmi is from the server...
By Lynn August Linse on 9 June, 2014 - 1:09 pm -
Probably your HMI is being greedy & building up an excess queue of requests, while the DCS is...
Originally posted by Mehul Shah on 16 May, 2012 - 1:43 am
Need to find out if PowerLogic Circuit Monitor Series 2000 supports Modbus or not. Also, if they do, need to find out the modbus register maps for these meters.
New Replies:
We have similar application and if you write down your email i can send application architecture...
Karl, You said that you are using the EGX100 in your plant and are able to access all the...
Hello, I have a similar job to what you described above. How did you end up solving your problem...
Posted by David on 5 June, 2014 - 10:41 pm
ASCII, RTU, TCP, now ABB?
Topic: PLCs and related questions.
MB+ Communication Error
Originally posted by MIA on 1 June, 2014 - 9:41 am
MB+ (MODBUS) Communication Error with Remote PLC
New Replies:
> Communication Mode: RS 232 > I am adding to the existing network, You can only connect...
from the modbus rtu department...
rs 485 deep sea 7320
Originally posted by luis carlos sandoval on 30 May, 2014 - 8:22 pm
modbus rtu slave rs485
New Replies:
The DSE-7300 operator manual shows setting the Modbus slave address and the baud rate on page 70...
from the Communication department...
Modbus TCP communication via RS232 to TCP converter
Originally posted by bassambassam on 5 May, 2014 - 11:31 am
How can i configure a communication between WINCC V7.0 and a controller through a RS232 to TCP converter??
New Replies:
By automationtechie on 30 May, 2014 - 5:44 pm -
Hey Bassambassam, The better solution is to use a Gateway which will convert from Modbus RTU to...
There are options for you. The company ICP-DAS USA specializes in protocol converters and data...
They took out the Modbus RTU driver? Seriously? What the heck were they thinking?? Yes you can...
Caterpillar EMCP3 MODBUS communication
Originally posted by Fauzi Rashid on 25 July, 2010 - 7:51 pm
I need MODBUS register addresses for alarm point on a CAT generator equipped with EMCP3.3
New Replies:
By NOVICE_MODBUS2014 on 26 May, 2014 - 4:33 am -
HELLO ALL, I have the same problem. for example I want to read the mapping register started...
from the Automation department...
Connection for Twido RS485 with XBT OT DB9
Posted by Genjua on 25 May, 2014 - 4:44 am
Connection/pinouts of the cable that connects a Twido RS485T which contain 3 Terminal with XBT OT COM2 DB9 which contain 9 Termnials?
Topic: Software, including programming, OS issues, etc.
from the OIL & GAS department...
Enron Modbus slave Developement
Originally posted by Neo on 15 May, 2014 - 4:57 am
Basic question regarding Enron modbus stack/cache
New Replies:
By Lynn August Linse on 15 May, 2014 - 9:57 am -
I have no idea how Enron/Daniels does this, but for 'large data' one can use the File Read and File...
Originally posted by Osman Ahmad on 10 May, 2014 - 1:19 pm
Delayed Data Refresh on Kepware OPC Server connected to Modbus TCP/IP Modicon Device.
New Replies:
if the problem is from PLC end, to speed-up the modbus scan rate: try to arrange the modbus...
Originally posted by Detlev Neumann on 17 April, 2014 - 4:09 am
Could I say that with the following facts my device is MODUS-RTU compatible
New Replies:
But t1.5 is much more critical. If I'm not mistaken, you have to ignore the inter-character timeout...
By Lynn August Linse on 6 May, 2014 - 10:12 am -
>You forgot the timing ... Although probably yet another context, most radio modems today do...
By Peter Nachtwey on 1 May, 2014 - 6:57 pm -
You forgot the timing. I find that many so called Modbus-RTU devices do not adhere to the timing...
Posted by TJmustangTJ on 7 May, 2014 - 4:45 pm
I have a Wonderware Intouch front end with Modbus TCP points that I am replacing with Tridium Niagara AX.
from the Modbus connectwith android using TCP department...
Modbus connect with Android via TCP
Originally posted by Sabarreesh on 6 May, 2014 - 4:17 am
we can connect android APP with modbus simulator (mod_RSsim.exe) using socket connection. but we couldn't write and read values from registers using functions from "jamod-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar".
we got output like this 00 00 00 00 00 06 00 03 00 00 00 00
New Replies:
Hi, I suggest to you a freeware software for communication with Modbus TCP/RTU devices. It is...
Originally posted by MrChampion on 30 April, 2014 - 7:14 pm
how to send floating point numbers using the ModbusRTU protocol?
New Replies:
"Could you reference links of a simple program/application that works with the ModbusRTU...
ModbusTCP Test Software
Originally posted by GBrown on 5 August, 2013 - 3:32 pm
Looking for ModbusTCP Master Test simulation software that will work on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 Server.
New Replies:
I've used this one before, perfect for testing, and you can probably adapt the source code to your...
I found a simple and freeware Modbus TCP/RTU software tool (AVReporter Energy Management Software...
from the hydraulic department...
Communication between INTOUCH and ABB ACS550
Posted by Chandler Chen on 28 April, 2014 - 4:48 am
INTOUCH ABB ACS550
MODBUS COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH WINDOWS 7
Originally posted by SALIH SMA on 21 April, 2014 - 7:58 am
We are facing problem with Modicon MODBUS Serial IO Server 7.5 (7.5.0.7) with win7 as compatibility issues.
New Replies:
VMware, you know. A virtual pc with a WinXP installed. > currently we are using wonderware...
Originally posted by rajesh patil on 23 April, 2014 - 2:28 pm
why the modbus mapping register is visible at register address +/- 1 address.
New Replies:
> Guys who live in cubes write the code. Hence, it depends on whether the guy who > wrote...
Hi, the numbering is introduced in the official Modbus Application Protocol Specification (page...
Guys who live in cubes write the code. Hence, it depends on whether the guy who wrote the code...
This goes back to the early days of Modbus when it was strictly used for Modicon PLC's where Coil...
Originally posted by Rzr on 24 August, 2012 - 7:11 am
Is there need for accessories like modules or adapters to connect the Magelis XBTGT6330 HMI to Modbus Plus network or it can be connected directly to the Modbus Plus network without using extra hardware?
New Replies:
Do you know what driver was used for Vijeo Designer for the Magelis to work with the Anybus-gateway...
from the Modbus department...
S7 PLC as a MODBUS slave
Originally posted by Fatima on 22 April, 2014 - 8:29 am
would like to make S7 PLC as a MODBUS slave and a PC Master MODBUS
New Replies:
Forgot to mention in my previous post. The reason I distinguished between tech and business aspects...
Have never done it using the Siemens Ethernet port, but I have done that on a 315-2DP using a...
MODBUS Function code
Posted by Hemant on 22 April, 2014 - 3:16 am
MODBUS function code of address word
Modbus via microcontroller
Originally posted by Ed on 20 April, 2014 - 2:40 am
Communicating with device via Modbus RTU through a microcontroller.
New Replies:
By Lynn August Linse on 21 April, 2014 - 1:56 pm -
The "try a PC" option is always a wise first-step ... make sure you can trust your tools...
I'd suggest you first try an easy way to use a PC: http://www.ctrlterm.com/custom.htm Once the...
Select Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next

Your use of this site is subject to the terms and conditions set forth under Legal Notices and the Privacy Policy. Please read those terms and conditions carefully. Subject to the rights expressly reserved to others under Legal Notices, the content of this site and the compilation thereof is © 1999-2014 Nerds in Control, LLC. All rights reserved.

Users of this site are benefiting from open source technologies, including PHP, MySQL and Apache. Be happy.

Fortune
On-line, adj.:
The idea that a human being should always be accessible to a
computer.